Monday, February 21, 2011

"I'll Capture Her Heart, Singing."

"Just wait 'til she gets a load of my dancing..."
For those of you who don't know, those are the lyrics to Holiday Inn, a Bing Crosby/Fred Astaire film. And I've had it stuck in my head ALL DAY!



So I'm sitting at the computer, staring out to a freshly weeded garden and listening to my bro experiment with impromptu jazz. That's the nice thing about belonging to a musical family...you get concerts for free 24/7 in all different styles and genres! (With no black out dates!!!)

I'm so blessed to have grown up in a family that's always singing. It's like living in a perpetual musical. You take a break only to say the essentials, and then it's back to "My Favorite Things!" Okay, so maybe we're not quite that bad, but we are most definitely the kind of family to "Whistle While We Work." Today for example. Over lunch, Mia received a Spark-notes rendition of the Broadway classics: West Side Story, Les Mis, Phantom of the Opera, Annie, Wicked...okay, I guess that one isn't a classic, but what can I say? When "I Feel Pretty," I just can't help "Dancing Through Life." *wink*
And yet, despite being an incurable daredevil and boasting more fractured bones than my brothers, I am undoubtedly the family's most conservative performer. I don't know, maybe I'm weird, but does anyone enjoy breaking out in random, public settings????? Like the time we sang a quintet arrangement of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in our hotel in CHINA! Very embarrassing. I took off for the  Armani gift shop near by. ;) Still, I'm glad that at least my family finds "A Spoonful of Sugar" in the "Rainy Days and Mondays" of a "Hard-Knock Life." And it pays, ya know, to be spontaneous. During our adoption fundraiser/bake sale, one lady tipped us $20.

So, you may be asking yourself, did I have a point in writing this post? Nope. :) Just wanted an excuse to blog. And "That's the Way Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh, I Like It!" lol

"So Long, Farewell!" I'm "Off to See the Wizard" (or SLEEP!)




P.S. Just wanted to close by expressing my sheer and utter heartbreak at the discontinuation of Lark Rise to Candleford Season 4. I LOVED that series. *sniff* It was my one weakness... :)

No comments: