Saturday, February 26, 2011

So Close...

Do you know what it's like to be on the verge of finishing something that's bugged you for months

You know, one of those items on your "things to do" list that's not trivial enough to discard but just important enough to linger in the back of your skull? :) (Side note: Why is it that the little things keep you up at night?)

I am very pleased to announce that I am almost, finally (that's an oxymoron, isn't it? :P) done with my essay! The second non-school-related thorn-in-my-side of this month. hehehe Isn't it wonderful? I have one more paragraph to write/edit, my brain is fried, and the deadline is Monday!!! 

Woot! 

Actually, I'm learning it's "okay" to have things postmarked the day they're due. :) It's becoming quite a trend, first with my Congressional Award, then my scholarship paperwork, now this "What's Great About America" essay contest...I'm quite proud of myself. Letting loose the reigns of control... 

[And this coming from the girl who began writing her thesis papers four months in advance! lol I would get frustrated with the teacher because he wouldn't give me enough details at the briefing of the assignment. :)]

On a separate note...

Today was cleaning day. We had some friends over last night and by the end of the evening, the house was a nightmare...graffiti everywhere, ice cream dripping from the ceiling, mustard and pickle juice on the seat cushions, confetti strewn all over the floor...rofl, I'm TOTALLY kidding! They left our house an exemplary picture of cleanliness. 

But I, for one, love the feeling of tidy living space. Always have. Somehow it correlates to the efficiency in which I operate. I can't think in a mess unless it has to do with figuring out how to clean it up! When I was about eight, I went through a stage of life where I offered to clean my friends' rooms DURING our get togethers. "Come on," I'd say. "We'll play your tape recorder [this was before kids had stereos and iPods] and have snacks. It'll be a heap of fun..." Needless to say, none of them were very enthusiastic. One girl, I remember, let me go as far as opening one of her drawers. Then she ran over, slammed it shut, and proceeded to explain that it contained her socks and undies. Whatever! :) I just kept thinking, "Yes, but it your room wasn't so messy, then I could have fun playing in it." 

I know, that's selfish. But hey, Marry Poppins liked tidiness. And she was practically perfect in every way. *grin*


Hope you're all enjoying this cold, COLD Saturday evening.
Blessings!



No comments: