Friday, March 25, 2011

Back from the Dead & Defying Gravity!

Wow, what a whirlwind of week this has been! I feel like I've just come off of a giant roller coaster still reeling from the momentum--and my head is spinning. So much has happened, I hardly know how to string it together.

To give you an idea....

Monday- Woke up at with the sorest throat in the history of mankind. By 9:30am, it had turned into a full-fledged 102 degree fever, so off I went to bed and stayed there for the remainder of a very miserable day/night.

Tuesday-Woke up again with a 102 degree fever. More Niquil. Cold sweats. Naseau. Headaches. Chills. With the help of meds, I managed to study a bit for a History midterm scheduled for Thursday. E-mailed my professor begging for an extension...
I just have to say something before I continue any further. You know, there are some people in the world who look great when they're sick. They're like the beautiful-criers. No red noses, no puffy eyes--just the slightest blush on their eye lids and stainless pearls gliding down their cheeks. I am so NOT one of those people. When I cry, my face swells to double its size, my nose flares bright red, and my eyes shrink to the size of almonds. When I'm sick...oh, gosh. On top of having cotton mouth, ratty hair and pale-as-death skin...yeah, we won't go there. :) Suffice it to say, I look something like the hag in those old movies. lol :)

To continue...

Wednesday-Still feeling icky, but eating more and vertical. Prof gives the okay for an extension. Hallelujah!  I cringe to think what my grade might have been otherwise. How can a person concentrate with her brain all stopped up with congestion? :)

Thursday-Feeling much better. My mom and I went to go see a wickedly spectaculiscious play!
Yep. WICKED!!!! I LOVED it. The music, the singing, the dancing...Oh, it was everything I hoped it would be and more. And of course I LOVED the excuse to dress up. It bugs me that people go to these events in jeans and t-shirts. Is there no reverence for special occasions anymore? Or is it just a California thing?
  
Friday-Am experiencing a phenomenon quite unknown to me. I've lost my voice. It began last night at the performance. Now I can't speak, and it's quite annoying. I'm pretty much reduced to whisperings or hoarsely scratching out a word or two. Hopefully I'll be able to talk again before long. Made things rather interesting at a visit to some friends this morning. :)

And on top of all this...

I turned 18!!!! As a very special someone I know put it, I'm now a living, breathing, voting adult! Wahoo! What an awesome day my family gave me. I received so many cards and e-mails wishing me luck and best wishes. I also got some pretty sleek gifts, too. :)
 
 An iPod touch from my parents...my first one ever. Thanks mom and dad!
The illustrious "butterfly necklace" that I've envied for as long as I can remember. Now it's mine thanks to my awesome brother, Nick.
A very special CD from Joe. When I was little, I had a little, white cassette tape with all the major Disney hit songs on it. I would sing and dance and play to them for hours on end. Even now, I still hold that as one of my favorite childhood memories...Now I'll be able to share those memories with Mia and (someday) my own little girl.

I also received a specially-selected polka dot, black and white scarf from Mia. She was NOT happy to give it to me, though. I think she secretely thought it was for her. LOL  

Overall, it was an awesome, crazy, glorious, exhausting week and one that I wouldn't have missed for the world...despite being laid up for almost half of it. :)

THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

No comments: