Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My One Beauty...

I have gone and become "Jo-ified." :) [Excerpt from Little Women...]

As she spoke, Jo took off her bonnet, and a general outcry arose, for all her abundant hair was cut short.
"Your hair! Your beautiful hair!" "Oh, Jo, how could you? Your one beauty." "My dear girl, there was no need of this." "She doesn't look like my Jo any more, but I love her dearly for it!"

SSSOOOO...Here's my bed head from this morning...
And here's my new "do" this afternoon...
                                               
                                                
Can anyone say HUGE difference? Lol! I was tempted to do one of those "before-and-after-no-make-up pictures", but in the interest of humanity I thought it best to spare everyone's eyes. :)

I LOVE my hair. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! :) It's so light and easy to maintain. Today I went to the pool--immediately from the hair salon, actually :)--and couldn't believe how much easier it was to lift my head in the water. :)

I have to say, Mia is extremely thrilled. Since we've come home from China, she has been VERY envious of my long hair. They shaved the kids' heads in the orphanage, so it's a big deal to her. Anyway, when I charaded that I was voluntarily going to get it cut off [my hair that is, not my head :)], she looked at me in sheer horror, paused, and then broke out into a large, fishy grin.

"Towya!" (Talia) *signing scissors snipping* "Towya!"
Oh, she was SO giddy. Like at Christmas. I've never seen a child so excited. :) I could just read her mind. "Finally, I won't be the only one with short hair. Finally, my older sister will be put in her place. No more long hair to torture me." :)

At her insistence, my mom took this picture.
Believe it or not, Mia's hair is now longer than mine! Sister rivalry is something I'm definitely NOT used to. :)

2 comments:

michelle said...

Love it! You look adorable! Was any of this influenced by Alyssa? ;)
Michelle

Talia said...

LOL! She gave me the idea for the style, but I'd been planning to cut it short for a long time.:)