Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sound of Music Tour

One of my all-time favorite movies is The Sound of Music, so imagine my excitement when I found out there was a SOM tour in Salzburg.  Here are a few highlights:
The famous "I have confidence..." fountain in Salzburg Square.
Maria splashes in it briefly before getting on the bus.
Me outside the Abbey gates where Gretel says to the nuns, "But I have to show her (Maria) my finger."
Marybell Gardens where they filmed, "Do Re Mi"...
(scene from ..."a long, long way to run...")
Looking up the hill to the Abbey.

Me at the "I have confidence!" fountain.
Outside the City of Saltzburg. Isn't it gorgeous? The Abbey is sitting at the top of the hill.
Taking a break for lunch.
Walking through the downtown area.  I loved the old-fashioned signs.
In front of a beautiful sculpture.
The wall. "Oh, what's the matter with me?"

No comments: