Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grado, Italy

Because one of the conferences wasn't scheduled to arrive until later in the week, the castle staff treated everyone on SOS to a beach day in Grado. It was beautiful--and stiflingly HOT! :)
 On the bus...
Me and Madeline...
 Grado. It was seriously the flattest beach I'd ever seen. You could walk out into the water for over a 1/4 mile and still wade no deeper than mid-calf...
 Love bein' lazy...
Yes, even in Italy, I don't forget my American snacks. Like the Chips A'hoy bag in the background? :P
Soaking up the sun.
 We stopped in Tarvisio on the way back for dinner. Can I just say that my authentic, Italian tiramisu was like eating a slice of Heaven? Specciale!
Joci and Jimmy, two of my dinner companions...
My room mate, Kelsey, conked out after a hard day's fun! 

I officially LOVE Italy!!!

No comments: