Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm NOT Crazy After All!

Actually, yes I am. But we'll just sweep that factoid under the rug for now.

I discovered something about myself today which I feel the need to share. Because it explains everything--or at least a very great part--of my genius! In case you haven't read any of my back posts, I'll give you a brief summation of what my genius entails:

Basically, anything and everything that makes me anti-normal! :D For example, the fact that I HATE public displays of affection, happy endings to stories or movies, and all manner of other societal norms which ought not to be tolerated! Read these posts for more thorough explanation...



My friend, I suffer from catharsis. Yes, you read that right. It was a term used by Aristotle to describe the effects of tragic drama. I learned all about it from my Literature textbook this afternoon. I quote:
"In Aristotle's view, tragedy arouses the powerful emotions of pity and fear, and, through experience of the drama, brings about a "proper purgation" or purification of these emotions. Originally, the word catharsis was a medical term, and therefore many interpreters argue that tragedy produces a therapeutic effect through an actual purging or "vomiting" of emotions--a sympathetic release of feelings that produces emotional relief and encourages psychological health. In other words, tragedy heals." 

Need I say more? :)

I suddenly find myself strangely un-apologetic. All this time I've thought my suppositions were without rhyme or reason. Now I discover that they are merely a form of self-preservation. I'm working my own therapy you guys...and I don't even have a degree! ;)

Laughing out loud (because I'm only half-serious LOL),

No comments: