Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Alarm Clock.

So I'm sitting at my desk yawning my head off. I've been up for 12 hours, and it's only 5:15pm. :(

I started a new resolution as of last week. My goal is to wake up at 5am M-W-F and 6am Tues/Thurs in order to work out and do devos before school. Needless to say I'm beginning rather sluggishly. I'm so not a morning person. AT ALL!! And it's so hard for me to function at that ungodly hour. No pun intended. Ok, maybe a little bit. :P

This morning really proved my lack of mental discipline. Took me a whole 13 minutes to gather the will power to get out of bed. *yawn* Anyway. I was this close to throwing my alarm clock out the window!!! 

Whatever. This afternoon I came home from work to find a piece of paper sitting on my nightstand. I don't know where it came from (and nobody's around to ask), but it's something I wrote in my 6th grade English class. As it pertains to how I feel at this moment, I thought I'd share it. :)

My Alarm Clock: The Anti-Sleep Nuisance

"If I could name one of the things I despise the most in this world, it would be my alarm clock. The little buzzer which reminds me daily at promptly 6:00 sharp that I have to do school, teach piano, wash dirty dishes, and do chores. If ever there was a depressing subject it is that of the alarm clock, Who wants to be awakened from a deep sleep, throw back the warm, soft covers and walk across the cold floor to turn off that annoying sound? And what happens more often than it should, you then have to walk back across the cold floor in order to steal a few more precious minutes in bed  and suddenly it dawns on you that today you have your finals, or a big project that's due, or that bratty little boy across the street that you're babysitting is going to give you another black eye. And then you lie in bed nervously biting your lip worrying over the matter. Can you see now why that disgusting, puny little clock can cause such big problems? No wonder there is such a large number of the population that struggles with anxiety?

Now, on a positive note, if it is summer and the next day you are going to a wonderful place such as Disney Land and you must wake up at 6 a.m., then the alarm clock suddenly becomes a treasured possession which saved you from the possibility of waking up late and missing that day of glorious fun. It's all in the way you look at it, I guess. Therefore, my conclusion is this: that depending on what you are doing the next day, decides whether the alarm clock is friend or foe. If it is a friend, treat it with care, if not, do everything in your power to convince your parents it doesn't work!" 

Not bad for a 13 year old, though I do say it myself! Amazing how the sentiment still rings true all these years later! Literally. :D

Think about that when you set your alarms tonight. lol

Blessings,
  

1 comment:

m. blair said...

Lol... Now I'll think of you every time I set my alarm. :D