Friday, December 30, 2011

Nails and Needles

It's amazing how people string words together to create sentences. The English language is so bizarre. Not only are there exceptions to every rule, but we borrow so many words from other languages. It's been a blast hearing Mia practice her English. She so badly wants to learn. At the same time, we have a lot of fun with her little mistakes. ;)

Yesterday, for example. I decided we needed some girl bonding time...so I painted Mia's nails HOT pink! She wanted to show my dad her new mani, so I helped her rehearse: "Daddy, look at my nails." She waited until dinner time to make the announcement. Then, raising her hand in triumph, she loudly proclaimed to everyone: "Daddy, look at my needles!" lol

We all tried to keep a straight face, but it didn't last for very long! :P

This morning also had us in stitches. My parents have been trying to teach Mia family relationships: sister, brother, son, daughter, husband, wife, etc. Well today, as she was sitting on my mom's lap, she gestured to the bedroom where my dad was still sleeping. "Mama," she said, "Mama is Daddy's woof." We started cracking up. "Oh, sorry, sorry!" she cried quickly. "Wife!"

What a little cutie! Can't believe it's been over a year since we first brought her home. :) She's sitting on my lap as I type this post and picking out the words she can read here and there. Oh, I wish I could EAT this lively little girl with her long hair and flower studded earrings!!! But I don't think she would enjoy that as much as I would. She'd probably chew me out with a decided, "Don't touch!" :)

Hope you guys have a great New Years!

2 comments:

JoannaKaye said...

Sounds like you guys are having quite an adventure with Miss Mia. What a joy she must be. :)

Talia said...

Yes, she certainly is!