Thursday, March 8, 2012

Love Never Dies

I've been a HUGE Phantom of the Opera fan since I was 10 years old. (And to anyone who thinks this is the moment to start bashing its lyrics and rather cliche story plot, beware! I will die defending my beloved Opera Ghost! :D)
So you can imagine my excitement when a friend of mine told me that the sequel (Love Never Dies)  was coming to Southern California for a one-night showing!
The play had been filmed in London last year and was released to select theaters all over the United States. It should be coming out on DVD sometime in May. Anyway, the boys and I met up with our friends to see it--but not before engaging in some serious window shopping! :)
Let's just say I have something of the prima-dona in me. ;)
Forever 21! Gotta love it! I like this new look on you, Johanna!
Sweet friends...
Great fellowship...

Overall, Love Never Dies is significantly different from the original. Much darker, more intense--musically and romantically. The story takes place on Coney Island ten years after Raoul and Christine have fled the Phantom's lair. In that time, a lot has changed. The Phantom, Meg, and Madame Giry have moved to America, Raoul has become a bit of a drunk, and Christine's child, Gustave, is a singularly talented boy with a super-human angelic voice. Hmmm, I wonder who his father could be... :)

I was really impressed by this play's set design and costuming. SO beautiful! Below is a video of my favorite song. Doesn't it just give you chills? I had them running up and down my spine the entire evening! *sighs* I wish I could sing like Christine... :)

Thanks guys for a great time of fun and laughter!
Rock on Andrew Lloyd Webber! :)

What a great way to conclude my 100th post!

No comments: