Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm Still Alive!

So I know it's been over a month since I last posted. :( Life has been SO busy of late, especially in the realm of academics. Now that my senior year is fastly approaching, my moutain of homework is steadily growing. Add to that my professors seem to think that their classes are the sole reason for my existence. My boss, too. ;)

Just being honest, it's been really difficult for me lately to put aside the things that are most important to me: spending time with family and friends, working out, playing the piano, etc. I have a mini dissertation due by the end of the semester on playwriting and I haven't even gotten around to writing the accompanying play! :) *sighs* There's only so much creative juice to go around... 

I keep telling myself that all this craziness is only for a season, and that one day it'll all be over. Really? I can't wait for the morning when I'll be able to wake up and think, "I don't have five papers due this week. I can actually go to work and not have five billion pages of reading to do when I get back!"

I can't wait for the moment when I can think in terms of days instead of hours and minutes.
And I certainly can't wait for the day when reading a book actually sounds like--dare I say it--fun! lol
(Lol, it's gonna take years for me to kill this analytic monster college has made me!)

Through it all though, I'm learning (again) to lean on the Lord. Those days when I'm just so tired and cry out in misery and frustration, He is there, imparting to me His strength. Those nights where my brains are just so fried and my eyes ache to death and I have no idea how I'm going to finish a paper, He is the one who gives me that sudden inspiration, that random adrenaline rush. Those days that just seem too overwhelming to tackle, when all I want to do is crawl back under the covers and hide, He is there, helping me untangle the web of papers, phonecalls, email, and deadlines. And somehow, time seems to stand still and the hours seem to pass more slowly than they did before. And pretty soon, everything I needed to get done is scratched off my "To Do" lists, and I'm able to just sit back for 30 seconds and reflect on God's majesty and the beauty of His creation.

So yeah. That's what's keeping me afloat. Through all the late-nights and stressful days when I don't even have time to cry, He is there--propelling me forward. And in the end, I'm not really the one earning these degrees. I'm not the one writing the papers or coming up with brilliant ideas for group discussion. God is. And all the credit and glory goes to Him.

Hope you guys are having a great week. Stay strong and press on for the hope that is set before you!

2 comments:

madeline blair said...

"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and protector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and now sits at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility that you will not grow weary and lose heart." ~ Hebrews 12:1-4

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." ~ 1 Corinthians 15:58

Praying for you, sister! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! It blesses me so much to know that though separated by distance, we are united by our common faith in Christ! Miss you, girl! When am I going to get to boing those curls of yours again? lol

Talia~