Wednesday, November 7, 2012

GenJ 2012

What a week this has been! I feel so incredibly exhausted, I'm not sure I'll make it through this post without falling asleep. ;) But here it goes...

People often ask me when I first became "politically minded." To be honest, I can't rightly say...I've always been attracted to the intangible idealism that accompanies political activism. Perhaps it's the  ideological differences that I find so intriguing--that, and I feel as though we Christians have a responsibility to promote godly principles and policies wherever we can. I know politics isn't for everyone. And I know that God's will will ultimately reign. But for me, I don't know...I just couldn't live with myself knowing that the world fell to pieces on my watch. Sure, I may not be the most articulate voice out there or the most influential. But I have a voice and a conscience, and as long as both remain in tact, I'll work as hard as I can to stem the tide of liberalism. ;)

These last five days, my brothers and I worked with Generation Joshua to reelect Tony Strickland for Congress. I have to say, it was (as always) a great experience. Even though the Democratic candidate won, even though I walked far longer than was good for my feet (or knees!), I'm still proud to say that I contributed something. That I did not sit idly by and allow bad politicians to corrupt the values I hold most dear. We may not have taken the Oval Office or the Senate, but I did witness first-hand the love of God and country that still exists in this nation...

Here's a couple snapshots of our experience:
Nick, graciously posing for yet another picture!
Back when I was optomistic. ;) Like the Obama-Biden sign in the background?
 
 The view from the top of the mountain. Yes, we started at ocean level. And yes, we walked to the very top IN 97 DEGREE HEAT dropping off literature along the way. ;(
Mrs. Cruz, a cheerful companion and possibly the best precinct partner in the world!
Joe, tired from a long day but still smilin'...between him and Nick, I had a hard time keepin' all the girls away. ;)
Hannah, Sarah, Mary, Christina, and Allison...
At the Ventura GOP "victory" party with our amazing team leader, Andrew! Thanks for all the Starbucks runs!
The GenJ SAT team with Tony Strickland (the tall guy in blue...back row!)
 
Thanks again to all the people who made this experience possible!
 

And to all the despairing Republicans out there, don't worry: 2016 will be here before we know it! :) In the meantime, "the Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever He chooses (Daniel 5:23)."
 
Blessings to all,

 
 

1 comment:

causeforjoy.com said...

This looks like it was so much fun! Two of my siblings were in New Hampshire for the week - they worked hard and had a blast... Wish our siblings could have been on the same team!