Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013 everyone!
 
Whew...just two days into the new year and already God is doing some amazing things! Have you ever wondered what the purpose of the Body of Christ truly is? I've never been able to put a finger on it. But today, after three encounters with three different people, I feel like I've been touched by the hand of God.
 
Maybe that's what He created us to be communal beings...so that in our daily interactions with one another, He could minister to us. As a friend of mine once put it, "That hug from your husband or word of encouragement from a friend...that's God touching, talking to you." What a beautiful image that evokes!
 
Today God used a coworker to confirm His work in my life. He used a very close friend to sharpen my faith. And He used another close friend to soften my heart towards the possibility of love.
 
I can't explain the peace that surrounds me at this moment. Much as I want to flaunt my vocabulary, I'm not even goin to try. ;) It's enough to know that the Lord sees and hears our silent prayers, the heavy hearts, the tired minds...and He brings exactly what we need at the precise moment we need it.
 
A friend of mine rescently confided to me that a lot is going on in her life right now. I said, somewhat jokingly, that when it rains it storms. 
 
Today, I feel completely engulfed in a storm of contentment. It may only last for a few hours...until something comes along to turn my focus elsewhere. But in the meantime, I will take those encounters, those answers prayers, and turn them back to praise.

Love to all,

No comments: