Friday, February 1, 2013

From Star Wars to Merry-Go-Rounds!

Hanging out at Knott's Berry Farm's last week.
Lucia and I have been friends since 5th grade...To this day, I'm not exactly sure what brought us together (actually I do--it was God!), but one of the things I distinctly remember was our fanatical obsession Star Wars. lol What can I say? When you're a lonely Jr. Higher almost any commonality is enough to throw you together! That, and this girl just happens to be an amazing person! ;)
 Two costumed versions of Padame Amidala for Halloween. ;) We made the burgandy dress out of something in my closet. Pretty impressive for two twelve year olds!

 That was the same year I broke my ankle and had to walk around in an ugly black cast. ;( Can you tell me and my brothers were slightly Star Wars crazy? Nick (middle left) is Boba Fett and Joe is Anakin Skywalker.
 Goofin' off even back then...
Yeah. Who do you think begged their parents to take the them to the Star Wars exhibit in LA?
Check out how much we've matured since then? lol ;)
Balking at the idea of riding...a kid's ride? ;) Such a great sport, even when I drag you (quite literally) onto Big Foot Rapids! 
Ostriches all the way! 
 Havin' way more fun than a 19 year old should be allowed to have on a merry-go-round!
Kodak moment!
 The most expensive ice-cream on the planet...and half of it melted within ten minutes! ;) lol
Yes, the hole in my hand is the top of my ice cream! lol
 
And yes, I'm still a fan of Star Wars. But I've learned to appreciate the kindred spirits in my life more than galactic star ships! :) Thanks, girl, for a wonderful day and innumerable memories. ;)
 


No comments: