Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love Unspeakable


I know it's been a while since I've posted.  Believe me, I fully intend to go back and recap the last few weeks. You won't want to miss my Valentine's Day post. ;)
But I really feel led to share something that God has recently impressed on my heart. This morning, as I was sitting on my bed, sipping my cup of hot tea and looking out my window, I was praying. Recalling how many times I've put God in a box and kept Him there in case of a crisis.
I was craving that sense of being completely dependent on Him for everything. That string of constant communication between His spirit and mine. The way it was in Austria when I was completely alone and isolated from anything that was familiar…forced to rely on Him on a moment-by-moment basis. How my comfortable So Cal life really eliminates a need for God. And I just kept thinking to myself, "Lord, I don't deserve Your love. Why did you create me when I'm so full of fault? What pleasure do I bring to You in the day to day grind?"
And then, I just felt this still, small voice whisper without a second's hesitation. "Talia, why do you love your writing? It's full of faults and errors and mistakes. It doesn't always 'conform' to your wishes and desires. But you derive pleasure in the challenge of making something from nothing; making the imperfect, perfect. You receive satisfaction when a sentence comes out just right…when your characters are like clay in your hands. You love your writing because you are its creator. And in the same way, I love you, I find pleasure in You, simply because I am your Creator."
How simple and yet how profound. To be assured of God's love not because of anything I've done, but because of what He's done for me. Doesn't that make you smile? To know that before the foundations of the Earth were laid, God was already pleased with you…simply because you were an awesome idea? Let us carry that thought into our day, confidant that nothing--absolutely nothing can separate us from the love of God…or make us any less beautiful in His eyes!

No comments: