Monday, August 5, 2013

Three Months Later..

Wow. Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday I was getting ready to graduate from college, and here it is--AUGUST 5th, 2013--already. Eeeesh! Well, for those of you who bother to check up on this blog from time to time, I apologize for my absence.
 
To be honest, I just haven't felt inspired to write anything lately. Or if I have, I'm usually not suicidal enough to publish it. :)
 
I haven't been particularly busy of late (at least not by my standards). But as I sit here and type, I realize I have a whole lot of intel that needs to be shared before any of you can appreciate my latest news! ;)
 
First of all, we have remodeled our kitchen and downstairs bathroom. Talk about a big project! We spent pretty much all of the month of June/early July living outside. 'Course as we're used to camping, the accommodations and food made up for the slightly uncomfortable living conditions. lol Such first world problems! For those of you who are interested, here are some pics:
 
before
after
 
before
and after
So yeah...pretty drastic difference! I have to say though, we are LOVING the new look and it's been a blast "trying things out." :) I never knew how wonderful it could be to cook with a double oven! :)
 
Other news:
 
1) Nick spent the greater part of the summer at camp (through our church). Five weeks later, he came back tanned, slim, and several inches taller. [His manly ego grew a bit too, I think] =) 
 
2) Joe landed his first paid film "gig." He spent a week capturing a debate camp on camera and making a documentary for the event.
 
3) Mia has been enrolled in a day camp since the beginning of June...a diversion we thought necessary during all the construction chaos. Poor kid!  So as not to interfere with the workers, she spent the majority of the day in her room. So we thought this would be a fun and health solution. Praise God, her English has definitely improved, and she has made several new friends her own age! Even better, she has bumped up to the 2nd grade class at church, which means her social skills have improved beyond that of a kindergartner!
 
4) Random fact: I have been to the movie theater more times this year than at any other point in my life! Fun summer flicks include: Man of Steel, The Lone Ranger, and Monsters University. Looking forward to Catching Fire and Noah with Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly. How's that for eclectic taste? :P 
 
Of course, there's a whole slew of information regarding the Marines that I'm eager to share. But first I have to post the long-awaited "'Splanation: Part 2." So stayed tuned and I'll spill my guts in the next post. ;)
 
Love lots,
 

No comments: